Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
board of education question — Parallax Forums

board of education question

firealarmfreakfirealarmfreak Posts: 105
edited 2009-02-04 23:48 in BASIC Stamp
hey, my board of education is having problems. Randomly, pin 1, 7, 10 and 14 have been acting weird.

When I power up my boe and connect a led to any of those pins I mentioned, it comes on, even if the pin is not programmed. I am able to program it to flash and all, but
it stays on even when its not programmed. If i set it low, it blinks every 2 secs unless that low is betwen a do and loop.

When I use any of those pins to activate a transister-relay circuit, RCTIME or button circuit, it does not work. Only for the LCD and leds--sorta.

Any Ideas? All the other pins work fine. I tried resetting the boe.

Thanks,

Chris.

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2009-01-30 16:01
    Run this code (attached) and let me know the results after you download it.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support
  • firealarmfreakfirealarmfreak Posts: 105
    edited 2009-01-30 18:23
    I ran your clear memory and It did not do anything.

I forgot to mention that this all happend shortlly after a tiny peiece of wire broke off inside pin 11. Could that be the problem? If i was able to remove it
    with something tiny would it fix it? or is there something else that could be wrong--it does not seem like the pin is dead since its responding to the boe and program.
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2009-02-04 23:48
    This may have caused an issue, I would have to test it to verify it.· You can e-mail us at support@parallax.com and request an RMA number for testing your board.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·