Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help with pbasic code on microcontroller and instrumentation integration — Parallax Forums

Help with pbasic code on microcontroller and instrumentation integration

edited 2009-02-06 04:23 in BASIC Stamp
currently I do not know how to save coding onto microcontroller bs2 and how to make the code to read a wireless modulus (transmitter). The coding is so confusing, can some one help me????

Comments

• metron9metron9 Posts: 1,100
    edited 2009-01-30 07:27
    Perhaps doing the first thing getting the thing connected and then starting with a single LED turn on and off would be a better goal. Some background is going to be necessary to get wireless transmitter depending on it's specs to get up and running. Then move to some input and do some output depending on the input and then have a look at the transmitter. You need to specify what transmitter in your post, when you get to that point I mean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Think Inside the box first and if that doesn't work..
    Re-arrange what's inside the box then...
    Think outside the BOX!
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-01-30 07:51
    Take a look at 'Whats a Microcontroller', available for download from the main parallax website.
  • Craig EidCraig Eid Posts: 106
    edited 2009-01-31 17:06
    Parallax carries an easy to use RF transmitter and receiver (see the links at the bottom of this posting ) operating at 433MHz that have a simple TTL level RS232 interface to the BS2. Both products are well documented including an application note with sample code.

Transmitter http://www.parallax.com/Store/Accessories/Communication/tabid/161/CategoryID/36/List/0/Level/a/ProductID/112/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName%

Receiver http://www.parallax.com/Store/Accessories/Communication/tabid/161/CategoryID/36/List/0/Level/a/ProductID/113/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName%2cProductName

Craig
  • edited 2009-02-05 07:29
    I am using an Xbee pro RF module, the manual that comes with it proposes that i use this software that it comes with but it does not interface with pbasic code. I wanted to make straight foward coding on the microcontroller using pbasic.
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-02-05 07:57
    Like I said, learn how to use the microcontroller first. Then, take a look in the PBASIC Syntax and Reference Manual under SERIN/SEROUT to get some idea of how serial communication works. I've never used the Xbee line, but I assume you send serial data at 9600 Baud with a command or two proceeding it...

By the way, what level is this senior project?
  • sylvie369sylvie369 Posts: 1,622
    edited 2009-02-05 11:53
    Here's everything you need to know about using an XBee with a Stamp:

selmaware.com/appbee/home.htm

Note the documentation and code example links at the bottom of the page.
  • edited 2009-02-06 04:23
    Hey sylvie 369 thanks for the website, it was of much help. I was able to get the wireless to work.