Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Cloning a BASIC Stamp — Parallax Forums

Cloning a BASIC Stamp

mwgarardmwgarard Posts: 1
edited 2009-02-05 04:46 in BASIC Stamp
I am completely new to the BS2SX module. I have built test boxes which use the BS2SX. We have one working test box, but want to copy the programming from the programmed BS2SX to the new modules we purchased. Could someone please tell/show me how to do this or point me to someone that may be able to help? Basically, I want to clone the programmed BS2SX modult to the new modules. Thanks!

Post Edited By Moderator (Chris Savage (Parallax)) : 2/4/2009 4:14:05 PM GMT

Comments

• PJMontyPJMonty Posts: 983
    edited 2009-01-29 19:32
    mwgarard,

You need to post in the correct forum. This is for folks who use SX processors directly. You're talking about a BS2SX which is a Basic Stamp, so you want the Basic Stamp forum.

Thanks,
    PeterM
  • JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 9,061
    edited 2009-01-29 19:50
    And the post seems very suspicious at that -- one could conclude that this person wants to clone the BS2sx interpreter instead of buying them from Parallax.
  • Invent-O-DocInvent-O-Doc Posts: 768
    edited 2009-02-04 00:45
    I was on the parallax en espa
  • BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2009-02-04 12:15
    I "think" he justs wants to copy the PBASIC code from one module to another module.
    But it's hard to tell.

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    ·The next time you need a hero don't look up in the sky...Look in the mirror.

·
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2009-02-04 16:05
    This thread is being moved to the BASIC Stamp Forum.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering
  • remmi870remmi870 Posts: 79
    edited 2009-02-05 04:46
    if they want to "clone" the programing, they could just produce the new controller and download the program to the new one, if they are trying to copy the program from one eprom to another, it wont happen, ive looked into it.

i do agree tho, it seems like they just want to copy the interpreter language to the cheaper 3$ sx chip in lue of using the 13 dollar bs2sx.