Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2 Communcation Error — Parallax Forums

BS2 Communcation Error

ultimateremedyultimateremedy Posts: 29
edited 2009-02-17 06:27 in BASIC Stamp
Dear Concern

I just bought BS2 Collection pack from parallax last week. Everything was fine but now I’m getting following error when I plug my BS2 and download program in it.

hardware communication failure! check serial cable and power supply

I’m using USB to Serial (28030) in order to download program from my laptop. Lately I tried same using serial cable on my desktop computer but got the same error. This is important to know that if I connect any other BS e.g. BS2pe it works fine. Basic Stamp Editor also identifies BS2 and its port. But as soon as I download program it gives above mentioned error.

Please suggest what I should do? Did I done something wrong with the BS2? I got this error when I was trying to use Parallax GPS Receiver Module. Do parallax give any warranty for such things

Comments

• allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2009-01-27 14:19
    I'm thinking dead battery? Are you using a 9-volt, they die pretty quickly with the GPS module.
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2009-01-27 14:55
    Please give our tech support a call at 1-888-997-8267 with your set up ready to test.· If you have a voltmeter· please have it available.

Thanks,

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·
  • ultimateremedyultimateremedy Posts: 29
    edited 2009-01-28 03:37
    Thank you all for your quick reply

@allanlane5
    I'm using 9 volt power adopter therefore i think there shouldn't be dead battery problem.

@Dave

I'm from Pakistan and we have +10hr time diff. I'm not sure about the parallax support team avilabiltiy. do they available 24/7? if so I'll call today else its a bit difficult.
    edited 2009-02-17 04:59
    Hi

I still looking for the solution. Since Parallax sent me new BS2 But i want to know that really happened to my BS2. One of my friend suggested to make home-made serial cable to try communication as it may work. Please send me details how i can make that cable. One of my friend forwarded me this following link

http://interactive.usc.edu/members/534/archives/002739.html#more

I did make a cable like it but it didn't work neither on newer BS2 nor on old one.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    SPEAK SO YOU GET RECOGNIZED.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-02-17 05:05
    The Basic Stamp Syntax and Reference Manual that you can download from Parallax shows how the Stamps are supposed to be connected for programming.
    edited 2009-02-17 06:27
    I've seen and made it earlier but it didn't work. can't i have a real image to confirm mine. do i need to configure port setting for this run time communication-connection?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    An hour's contemplation is better than a year's adoration.