Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Resetting BS2 on BOE using commands. — Parallax Forums

Resetting BS2 on BOE using commands.

Vincenzo1309Vincenzo1309 Posts: 76
edited 2009-01-27 00:11 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Dear all,

I am now using a BOE with BS2 chip on it. I know that pin 22 is the Reset pin for BS2, and should I need to reset the BS2, I just need to press the Reset button on the board.

Now since the board is on my mobile robot, I would like to reset the BOE/BS2 (or whole program) by just using commands without having to go to my robot and reset it. Is there such command?

Kindly advise.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-01-25 16:33
    There is no way to reset the BS2 with a software statement, but there's nothing "hidden" to reset. A hardware reset causes all the variables to be reset to zero including the I/O registers (DIRS, OUTS) as described in the Stamp Basic Manual. Your program can do that as part of its initialization so that all you would need to do is to GOTO the beginning of the initialization routine.
  • UghaUgha Posts: 543
    edited 2009-01-26 14:46
    Can't a stamp pin be used to drive the reset pin low and force a reset?
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2009-01-26 17:28
    Yes it can.· Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering
  • UghaUgha Posts: 543
    edited 2009-01-26 18:10
    I love Chris's 3 word replies [noparse]:)[/noparse]

So it seems you can do what you want Vincezo1309, you just need to dedicate a stamp pin to it.

I'd still use a resistor (1k maybe?) between the stamp pin and the reset pin to prevent any possible problems.

Connecting it might be a pain... you may be able to get the lead of the resistor (or a very small wire) in the stamp socket beside the leg of the stamp if your VERY careful... remember,
    those stamp pins are very fragile!

Note: I've never done this so I may be totally wrong about everything... I'm just guessing based on what Chris said.
  • Vincenzo1309Vincenzo1309 Posts: 76
    edited 2009-01-27 00:11
    Ok, Thks alot!