Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
I2C-RTC and I2C-7SEG — Parallax Forums

I2C-RTC and I2C-7SEG

JRC610JRC610 Posts: 11
edited 2009-01-23 03:52 in BASIC Stamp
Hello all,
I am trying to use a BS2p with a I2C-RTC and a I2C-&SEG from a place called gravitech. I am haveing problems getting the time to show up on the 7SEG unit. Has anyone tried these out before? I have seperate codes for them and I am tring to put them together but not sure exactlly how. Can someone help?

Comments

• Carl HayesCarl Hayes Posts: 841
    edited 2009-01-22 09:42
    Much of the code can be shared among I2C devices -- it need not be "seperate". Have you been able to display other data on the display? That's the first thing to attempt. Once you get the display working properly, only then should you attempt to get data from the RTC.

While the code need not be separate, your development efforts certainly ought to be separate.

Gravitech supplies sample code for the RTC (and probably for the display too -- I don't know) that, while written in a slovenly manner, does work. Anyway, I infer that you're trying to debug both at once, which is a very difficult thing to do.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    · -- Carl, nn5i@arrl.net
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-01-22 19:07
    Have you gotten the two devices to work seperately? If you use the attachment manager to attach your code we can look and see if we can find a problem/solution.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • JRC610JRC610 Posts: 11
    edited 2009-01-23 03:52
    Yes I have been able to get both of the units to work seperatly. Gravitech supllied codes for both I2C's. One to set and then see the time and the otherto have the 7SEG count from 0 to 9999.·I have attached both the files