Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
MLX90614 Simple Demo Needed! — Parallax Forums

MLX90614 Simple Demo Needed!

g4mm4r4yg4mm4r4y Posts: 3
edited 2009-01-22 17:05 in BASIC Stamp
I've gotten this thing to work before but something has changed (EEPROM values maybe?) and i need some quick no filler code to retrieve the temperature from the MLX90614. And yes ive read the online manual and the demos. [noparse]:)[/noparse] thnx

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-01-15 02:11
    Will it run the demo code or is it dead in the water? What do you get when you try the demo code?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • g4mm4r4yg4mm4r4y Posts: 3
    edited 2009-01-15 02:17
    The the EEPROM demo code returns the new slave addy and the FW version so i know the serial communication is working between the bs2 and module. But as for the demo code no the module never responds with anything.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2009-01-21 19:22
    Duplicate post removed. Please follow up in this thread rather than reposting the question.

Have you modified the demo code with the Slave Address you set in the EEPROM code?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering
  • g4mm4r4yg4mm4r4y Posts: 3
    edited 2009-01-21 20:09
    Sorry about the repost. Yes i have the address set in the demo same as the EEPROM code but it still doesn't respond with the PEC.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    -My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2009-01-22 17:05
    I would recommend contacting our Tech Support Dept. by phone at a time when you have everything set up and ready to test. The weird part is that the EEPROM code is working and not the demo code. If the demo code is not modified (except for the address) then there's no reason why it shouldn't work. Just to be sure there are no other changes you could download the code again from our website and use that. This time I would recommend running the EEPROM code first and setting the address to what is already in the demo code so you don't have to make any changes to the demo code. That will elimiate one potential problem.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering