Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
INCLUDE path? — Parallax Forums

INCLUDE path?

Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
edited 2009-01-13 15:37 in Propeller 1
My Spin files are a mess. I have different versions of the same thing in dozens of different project directories. I know the Spin IDE does not allow paths to be included in the OBJ file name but is there some other way of doing this?

I'm sure there were some Spin tools like PreSpin etc that were created but I don't know if they are up to date.

What I would love to do is to have a central repository of all my Spin objects and those from the OBEX, even if I had to lump them together in the one folder. That way I only edit and maintain the master with a backup of the edit in a backup folder.

*Peter*

Comments

• StefanL38StefanL38 Posts: 2,292
    edited 2009-01-13 13:38
    Hello Peter,

very easy to do.

Every file that you put into the same subfolder as the file "propeller.exe" (usually the folder-name is "Propeller Tool v1.2"
    files from objects of this folder are shown as BLUE subobjects when you compile them. This is indicating object from the "main"-propeller-folder = standard-object

Files in the folder "...Propeller Tool v1.2\Examples\Library" are found too when compiling.

And addiionally this offers the oportunity to browse these files with the propeller-tool.
    best regards

Stefan

Post Edited (StefanL38) : 1/13/2009 2:54:09 PM GMT
  • Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
    edited 2009-01-13 15:23
    Thanks Stefan, I am aware of this ONE other path to put my files in but I was hoping for a more general purpose method to indicate a path plus sub paths. I did try to edit the registry to get the Propeller library to point elsewhere but the Propeller tool keeps on resetting it back again. The problem is that I have never trusted my work files to be on the same disk or partition as Windows, especially within the Program Files directory where Parallax keep their library files &%^$@#!!. Having all my documents and work files on a different drive also makes it very easy to backup etc plus I know I could wipe drive C if I really had to and not actually lose any work (My Documents etc are redirected).

Any ideas anyone?

*Peter*
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2009-01-13 15:37
    I used multiple computer so the problem is 4X for me.

Couple ideas..

1. Install Propeller Tool on your D (other drive) to get it away from Windows.

2. BST (Brad's Spin Tool) allow multiple search paths.
    BST is certainly stable enough for serious spin work. I've been using it for a couple months.

OBC

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    New to the Propeller?

Check out: Protoboard Introduction , Propeller Cookbook 1.4 & Software Index
    Updates to the Cookbook are now posted to: Propeller.warrantyvoid.us
    Got an SD card connected? - PropDOS