Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
7 segment display clock/timer — Parallax Forums

7 segment display clock/timer

JMathisenJMathisen Posts: 2
edited 2009-01-13 02:20 in BASIC Stamp
I was experimenting with stampworks book using 7 segment displays on page 67 thru 72. Basically is a digit clock starting with all zeros on dislpays(4) and counts seconds up one at a time formatted to minutes. I want to reverse the process and have experiment work as follows:
When an input is detected,the display will reset to 15 minutes and count down to zero seconds then turn off until input is detected again.
So far I have been unsucessful accomplishing what I assume is an easy task. Any help or hints are greatly appreciated.
Best Regards,
John Mathisenfreaked.gif

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2009-01-12 17:17
    John,

The subject of a countdown timer has been discussed many times on these forums. It is a relatively easy task, but of course that is all relative to your knowledge of how to accomplish this task. You might want to look at an example of something already done. Here is a thread where we talked about this at length. Displaying the information on a 7-segment display is trivial since there are a lot of examples for this as well. After you’ve looked at it, if you have more specific questions feel free to post them here. I hope this helps. Take care.

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=717271

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering
  • JMathisenJMathisen Posts: 2
    edited 2009-01-13 02:20
    Chris,

Thanks for the quick response. I will review your previous posts and see if I can finally see the light>

Thanks again,

John Mathisen· idea.gif