Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stamp woke up from the dead — Parallax Forums

Stamp woke up from the dead

MoskogMoskog Posts: 554
edited 2009-01-12 16:51 in BASIC Stamp
Couple of weeks ago I did some soldering on the breadboard and I forgot to turn off power, the BS2 was also on its place. I wasn't too surprised when nothing seems to function after that. The editor was not able to identify the BS2 no more and no chance to download anything. The BS2 was dead. So I had to go and find another one. Instead of throwing it away at once I marked it with an X and put it aside. Mad at myself of doing such a stupid thing.
Today when playing with the Board of Education I decided to try the dead BS2 one last time before·taking out the garbage.. including the dead one.
The editor found the BS2 at once, I could even download and run programs, everything seems to be fine. The dead one was alive again. Amazing for me·that could happend.
So, if a Stamp gets stuck, just give it another try after a while, maybe its just in a temporary coma.
·

Comments

• PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2009-01-11 14:44
    Keep that one marked in case of anomalies later as it may have "recovered" only enough to have·joined the ranks of the walking wounded.·
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2009-01-12 16:39
    What may have happened was that somehow your BASIC Stamp when into thermal runaway…this would also cause it to get hot. Once it cooled down it started functioning again. Of course, going into thermal runaway is not normal or good for the unit, and as PJ indicated, it now has a higher chance of failing on you.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering
  • MoskogMoskog Posts: 554
    edited 2009-01-12 16:51
    OK, I will keep it marked and keep in mind that this Stamp has been treated bad, so not to be surprised if it act strange sometimes. Thanks to both of you!