Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
NB... Traxxas receiver? — Parallax Forums

NB... Traxxas receiver?

relengerrelenger Posts: 11
edited 2009-01-12 01:53 in BASIC Stamp
I'm still new to all this... but was woundering if i could hook up my

2015 B.E.C Traxxas Reciever to my stamp?

Also if i can hook up my
Novak Electronic speed control to my basic stamp??

if so maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

Comments

• SteveWoodroughSteveWoodrough Posts: 190
    edited 2009-01-12 01:53
    I'm also new at this but I've had some success running a Traxxas XL 5 and other speed controllers.· They can be controlled with the Pulseout command.· Two items of caution:

1 Make sure you disconnect the power wire on the servo connector to the motor controller.· I use is the ground wire and signal wire that would normally connect back to the receiver.· The power wire normally suppplies voltage to the receiver from the Battery Eliminator Circuit.··· If you feed that voltage back onto the stamp you might ruin the stamp.· Typically I just push the center pin on the servo connection back through the connector and tape it out of the way.·

2: Bench test carefully.· Some speed controllers have a bad habit of running even with the control power switch in the off position and the Stamp off.· I cannot explain why but my Jeti JES 14 gave me fits earlier this evening.· The motor power supply was hooked up, the speed control switch was off and the STAMP was unpowered, still the motor would run and stutter at about 1200 RPM.· If·I removed· the connection to the stamp output, the motor would stop.· Just be careful.·

·