Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
include directive? — Parallax Forums

include directive?

lincolnlincoln Posts: 23
edited 2009-01-09 19:58 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,
Is there a include directive in pbasice 2.5 like in c?

I have an existing data logging program that i am adding ethernet communications to by using a rs232 to ethernet module form Netmedia. The exiting program is just under 2k and the additional overhead and features will not fit in one program slot. Not really a problem, i have changed the module to a 2e and started to brake up the program among different program pages. Rather that having to copy common sub routines to different programs i would rather include a file (say with all the eeprom access bits) and be able to only edit one file to change eeprom stuff.

Lincoln

Comments

• TWRackersTWRackers Posts: 33
    edited 2009-01-09 19:54
    There isn't one at the moment, but I put in a request for enhancement a few weeks ago for the very same thing. The chap who replied said they'd consider it for a future release. It would be an extremely handy thing to have for my BS2sx application too, where I have a LOT of symbols and some code common to multiple pages in the device. It's a pain in the butt not having it.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-01-09 19:58
    The Stamp Editor doesn't have an include feature. It would be handy for the situation you have, but it's not there.