Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Designing basic stamp2 — Parallax Forums

Designing basic stamp2

XanderXander Posts: 23
edited 2009-01-14 11:57 in BASIC Stamp
Hello people, can anyone tell me how can i design the basic stamp 2 in a pcb way?
I cant fully understand the drawings on the symatic diagram of the bs2.

Comments

• remmi870remmi870 Posts: 79
    edited 2009-01-09 06:13
    i have a pict of a pcb trace that has a few simple additions for using a line driver like one sold by paralax so you can run relays or if you use smd resistors you can have a pullup or pulldown resistor for your inputs. if you have any questions about the layout, or if you want a parts diagram ill post one so you can place your parts, if you want to actualy print this board, let me know and ill get you the cad files to direct print it, ive used this on a one sided board, it has a place for all components, plus a 5v voltage regulator and a bypass in case you wish to use your own 5v power source, i also have a board that was set up for 6 opticaly isolated inputs and 10 12v dc relay outputs, i used it for a computer controlled board feeder for a lamination machine.
  • XanderXander Posts: 23
    edited 2009-01-09 06:44
    wow thanks alot! Can i hav the parts diagram too??
    Is it possible for me to use the pcb u designed for a GPS transmitter?? and a LCD reciever??
    edited 2009-01-09 08:02
    well, the design is for just a rough pinout for hardwiring, i used screw terminals that were board mounted so i could connect any wire i wanted, but if you wanted to connect anything, it is posable to jumper the output pins directly to an output but you would need to connect it to a breadboard and jump it to the inputs.
    edited 2009-01-12 03:23
    I will try it later. Thank alot for your help. [noparse]:)[/noparse]
  • $WMc%$WMc% Posts: 1,884
    edited 2009-01-13 02:22
    Xander

Have You looked at the BS2OEM? this is a through hole design with no SMDs. Its great for prototyping and home made board use.Parallax has the full schematic on the home page and the BS2OEM can be had in an assy. or none assy. part.

__________$WMc%__________

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The Truth is out there·········································· E=$WMc%2
    edited 2009-01-14 09:55
    Hi $WMc%

I have looked at the BS2OEM. But I don't get what u meant by through hole design with no SMDs. Can you explain that to me?
    Thank you.

My lecturer wanted me to make a pcb out so that i need not use the bs2, but i can't really understand the schematic on BS2OEM and the thread isn't visible to me so i really do not know how to make one out? Can you advice me about that?

And can i know of any free software that enables me to design it out? Currently i'm using circuit maker 2000 and thread maker but they can only be used in school.

Please guide me through. Thank you.
    edited 2009-01-14 10:06
    Hi remmi,

I have tried to design it myself but was no success. Can you tell me which components are on which part of the board of the diagram pcboard breakout.bmp u provided??

Really appreciate it if you can help me out. Thank you.
    edited 2009-01-14 11:57
    here it is, this is the true connections from the top view, if you want to print it tho it needs to be flipped, all the parts are marked and listed, the resistors are just marked with their values tho.
    1023 x 476 - 83K