Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Program for BASIC Stamp for Playing Musical Notes on Piezospeaker — Parallax Forums

Program for BASIC Stamp for Playing Musical Notes on Piezospeaker

Eddie NolanEddie Nolan Posts: 11
edited 2009-01-13 04:18 in Learn with BlocklyProp
This project isn't nearly as intricate or developed as the other projects on this forum, but it's my first one. It's basically a mash-up of 2 programs in Robotics With the Boe-Bot by Andy Lindsay. The notes are programmed in EEPROM and played through a piezospeaker. The 'schematics' say that the piezospeaker is connected to pin 1, but it can be connected to any one of the different pins. The notes have to be programmed in-program – I could have programmed it with a DEBUGIN command, but I am programming from a mac, and the mac BASIC Stamp editor doesn't support DEBUGIN. To give an example of what the capabilities of the program are, I include a version of this program that plays the beginning of the William Tell Overture.
218 x 401 - 54K
117 x 78 - 4K

Comments

• SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-01-09 06:01
    I always like making music on the piezo speaker. It's so unrefined [noparse]:)[/noparse]...
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2009-01-09 15:14
    This post is being moved to the Stamps In Class Forum where it is more appropriate.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-01-09 22:20
    Why is it that this post seems to be "perpetually unread"? I can't seem to make it give the gray envelope...
  • HumanoidoHumanoido Posts: 5,770
    edited 2009-01-13 04:18
    This is a cool project and merge of interesting tech. Did you know there is an unexplored piezo sound spectrum?! You can use one of the Penguin Robot sound programs to become a great explorer and expand the uses for this new realm, or adapt this project to do the same!

Here's some related sources.

humanoido
    humanoido said...
    Penguin Virtual Volume Amplifier (VVA)
    Run VVA code and make new discoveries in the
    realm of a special sound spectrum.
    forums.parallax.com/forums/pr.aspx?f=10&m=239876

Penguin VIBBBRRRAATTTTTOOO machine... Cool. Make music - electronic music!
    "This is also a Sound Effects Machine with over 65,000 possibilities! There is a band
    of unexplored sound effects called the Peizo Spectrum. Come join the great
    adventure, and be an explorer along with Penguin!"
    http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=690301

Post Edited (humanoido) : 1/13/2009 4:32:27 AM GMT