Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Linux Telnet Problems — Parallax Forums

Linux Telnet Problems

babinda01babinda01 Posts: 54
edited 2009-01-07 22:34 in Propeller 1
Hi
I have been playing around with the driver_enc28j60 telnet object in the exchange, and have it working perfectly between my prop board and laptop with Win XP pro.· But as soon as I hook it to my Linux computer with Ubuntu 8.04, I can't even get it to connect.· I don't have a firewall enabled on the Linux box.··· Interestingly enough, I downloaded a project of someones(eth_top_httpmon_vga), and this works perfectly, it connects and I can ping it without a problem.·

Do I have to do something differently to get·Telnet·to work with Linux?

Regards
Andrew

Comments

• Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2009-01-07 22:18
    This might get us moved to the Sandbox, so heads up.

Are you using Internet Connection Sharing from your Windows machine
    to your Propeller board? In other words are you plugging the Propeller
    directly into a spare Ethernet connection on your PC and using it through the PC,
    or do you have a router?

If you are using Internet Connection Sharing, there is an equivalent in Linux.

OBC

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    New to the Propeller?

Check out: Protoboard Introduction , Propeller Cookbook 1.4 & Software Index
    Updates to the Cookbook are now posted to: Propeller.warrantyvoid.us
    Got an SD card connected? - PropDOS
  • Harrison.Harrison. Posts: 484
    edited 2009-01-07 22:34
    There was a bug with early versions of driver_socket and connecting with linux hosts. Try the one here: www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/cusapps/PropellerContest08/PropIRC-Source.zip. Just remember that driver_socket does not implement ICMP (ping) since I wanted to make it as compact as possible.

Post a tcpdump or Wireshark packet dump if you still can't get it to work. I've tested the version included with PropIRC with a CentOS 5 server and it worked fine.

Post Edited (Harrison.) : 1/7/2009 10:41:57 PM GMT