Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
NEED: BS2 Schematic WITHOUT BrownOut Detector — Parallax Forums

NEED: BS2 Schematic WITHOUT BrownOut Detector

JacePriesterJacePriester Posts: 7
edited 2009-01-08 19:12 in BASIC Stamp
I'm working off this schematic: http://www.parallax.com/dl/docs/prod/schem/BS2Oem.pdf

And I want to wire it without the MN13811 Brown Out Detector (indicated as [noparse][[/noparse]U3] on the drawing). It will not be necessary for this application.

Could someone assist me in modifying that schematic to work without the brown-out detector? Thank you!

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-01-06 23:52
    Just leave it out. There's an unnecessary pullup resistor that you can also leave out if you want or you can leave it in.
  • JacePriesterJacePriester Posts: 7
    edited 2009-01-07 00:01
    I just redrew this circuit for about the third time and finally see that you really can just "leave it out" and it still works. I see a 10 kOhm resistor on that schematic next to the "RN2" label. is that the extraneous one that I can remove? (essentially, the MCLR pin on the BS2 will be hooked directly to Vdd) ?
    edited 2009-01-07 02:57
    PROBLEM SOLVED.

Left the resistor in there. Thank you for all who read.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2009-01-07 19:09
    As a note this information is provided at the following link. There are three BS2 OEM Schematics. They also detail removing the serial interface circuitry.

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=567989

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering
    edited 2009-01-07 22:00
    Chris: Check the link in your first post in that other thread: http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=27291

It no longer works. I tried to pull up those drawings at one time but had no luck - would be awesome if you could repair that link!

Thank you.
    edited 2009-01-08 19:08
    Hello,

I should fix that link, however it doesn’t point to the schematics I referred to. Those are included in the ZIP file attached to the end of the first message. The link points (or did point to, because we changed our website) the original BS2 OEM kit schematics. They can still be gotten from our website.

EDIT: Link fixed.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering
    edited 2009-01-08 19:12
    Mike Green said...
    Just leave it out. There's an unnecessary pullup resistor that you can also leave out if you want or you can leave it in.
    Mike,

·· I wasn't sure which resistor you meant before, so I didn't answer, but if it is the 10K resistor that connects to /MCLR that one is required for the chip to function.· Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering