Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
New to robotics and the BOE BOT — Parallax Forums

New to robotics and the BOE BOT

allnighter709allnighter709 Posts: 3
edited 2009-01-06 03:48 in BASIC Stamp
Hi everyone,
I am new to the Parallax BOE BOT and robotics and am looking for ways to find out more information on the BOE BOT, and some of the cool things that it can do. Is there a way that I can expand the BOE board so that I can add more peripherals and sensors. Also, does anyone have an idea as to how I may construct my own BS2 controller board using items purchased at radio shack. I obviously don't know what I'm doing but, I do know that I am fully committed to learning everything there is to know about the boe bot. when I'm not working and taking care of my three kids that is. Thanks for listening.

GO BOE, GO!
http://forums.parallax.com/forums/emoticons/jumpin.gif

Comments

• Taylor1672Taylor1672 Posts: 8
    edited 2009-01-03 14:39
    Search the Parallax website for the BS2 OEM kit. It is a kit that comes with all the necessary components to build a fully fuctionnal BS2 Microcontroller in a SIP type package.
    NOTE: Radio Shack carries some basic parts to build a homemade version of the basic stamp BUT, you will have to order a of the major components from Parallax. Example: BS2
  • allnighter709allnighter709 Posts: 3
    edited 2009-01-06 02:53
    thanks a bunch. I recently purchased a Boe bot and am looking to buy more periferalls to add to him. What should I buy nest? and also, I recently purchased a PIR sensor from Radio shack and was wondering if this was the same as the one offered by Parallax. They have different item numbers but boast the same features.

Best regards,
    Allnighter709
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-01-06 03:15
    The PIR from radioshack is just repackaged parallax goods. Same with the other parallax stuff (accelerometer and RFID namely...). As for more stuff, two of the more popular and powerful expansions to the BOE bot are the PING and bracket kit, the line following kit, and the encoder kits. Take a look at some of the free parallax Stamps in Class Texts to see where you want to go.
  • allnighter709allnighter709 Posts: 3
    edited 2009-01-06 03:48
    WOW! Thanks for getting back to me.
    allnighter709