Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Some one build my board. — Parallax Forums

Some one build my board.

KD5VMFKD5VMF Posts: 3
edited 2009-01-03 21:17 in Propeller 1
Hi everyone. I used ExpressPCB to draw a Prop Proto Board I did not finish the Vga Mouse Keyboard wires because of money. I put the pins on the board need to have the Parallax adapter then print this and make it match then hook up the last wires. It is a great board I just dont have the money to print it. I hope some one likes it and builds it for all of us to buy. Let me know what you think.

Comments

• PhilldapillPhilldapill Posts: 1,283
    edited 2009-01-03 04:04
    I could prototype this if you'd like, and if it all checks out, get it made for you. I'm working on something similiar and just made the home-made prototype tonight. I'm planning on sending my design off to Futurlec.com and getting them to make 30 boards. I'll let you know how this goes as this is my first time, and it sounds like you are looking for someone to get it made. By the way, ExpressPCB is overpriced... Better off using the free version of EAGLE. It's a great program.
  • Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
    edited 2009-01-03 04:17
    KD, I can't see why you are running a separate +5V regulator to the ULN2803 as it doesn't go anywhere else. The chip only sinks current so you need the other side of your connector hooked to +5V or your input voltage rather than to ground.

Phildapill has made you a nice offer, why wouldn't finish off the board and connect the VGA and PS/2 then? Allow for a pull-up on the RXD input for when the Prop Plug is not connected.

*Peter*
    edited 2009-01-03 06:41
    Alright, I just re-downloaded Express PCB again and viewed your board. Now I remember why ExpressPCB isn't on my computer anymore.

On second thought, now that I see this is a double sided board, I can't do this at home. I can only do single sided PCBs...
  • GreyBox TimGreyBox Tim Posts: 60
    edited 2009-01-03 19:30
    OOooooo....

This would be a bit difficult to "print" - you have this board set up as a 4-layer (two layers for power/ground). This makes it improbable for most DIY'ers.

-Tim
  • KD5VMFKD5VMF Posts: 3
    edited 2009-01-03 20:36
    I had the idea of cutting about 100 or so of my boards. Then sell them cheap. I just did not have the money for it. I put my money in learning the older 80c85 cpu circuit. LOL!!! I know crazy. I loved my Prop chip!! But I wanted to learn the old stuff for some reason. I kind of think I went to the old stuff because I could not find any good Prop Proto boards. I put everything I wanted on this board. The unl2803 has pins to the right for hooking up higher current devices. That is why it has its own regulator. I stopped working on it. So it still has things that need to be fixed. But if you look at the price of 100 you could make a pretty penny selling them cheap. And yes it is a 4 layer board. I know it cost more but I liked it. The last thing I just noticed is I did not put a top or bottom plane. I am sure we could make this a 2 layer board if someone really wants me to work on it. This was one of my first boards to draw. So I think its not to bad for what it is.
    Thanks so much for the fast replies!! And if you want to look at my 80c85 vintage videos. www.youtube.com/user/abfig78

Post Edited (KD5VMF) : 1/4/2009 4:21:36 AM GMT
    edited 2009-01-03 20:52
    KD5VMF,
    Here's a board I just finished using EAGLE. I'm actually sending it off today to get fabricated. It's a two SINGLE layer board, and all routing was done by hand. It's amazing how compact you can make a board with 100's of hours of work! I'm doing something similiar to you. I've made my board, going to get it fab'ed, and then sell them, but only at cost. I just want to see how the whole process work. You can check the evolution and some other pointers in this thread:

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=773086

Post Edited (Philldapill) : 1/3/2009 10:33:40 PM GMT
    916 x 818 - 131K
  • KD5VMFKD5VMF Posts: 3
    edited 2009-01-03 21:17
    Philldapill,
    I like it!!! I have not use smt circuits yet. I would have to print boards then. I set my Prop proto up hoping to make a computer. That is why I put the real time clock on board. You know. I have to thank Parallax for inspiring me to learn as much as I have this year.