Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Autonomous Ping))) boe bot (newbie) — Parallax Forums

Autonomous Ping))) boe bot (newbie)

lemonman78lemonman78 Posts: 3
edited 2009-01-05 03:20 in BASIC Stamp
Hello, im am new to the boe bot and i have one with the ping))) and ping))) bracket. I have seen some people been able to make it wander around autonomously and i was wondering if their is any code out there for it because i have been unable to find one. I can't write one because i don't even know where i would start so if any of you all could help me then it would be greatly appreciated.
640 x 480 - 121K

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-01-02 21:29
    As always, start with the manual and go from there. You can also Google "roaming with ping"

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • MSDTechMSDTech Posts: 342
    edited 2009-01-02 22:49
    One of the best selling points for Parallax is the amount of support and samples. Try looking in the store at the listing for the ping bracket at the samples provided there.
  • lemonman78lemonman78 Posts: 3
    edited 2009-01-02 23:16
    all right cool, thanks for the advice I've been continuing in the book and im going to take a look at the store.
  • mikedivmikediv Posts: 825
    edited 2009-01-02 23:33
    lemonman78· I just got mine fried up today go to the store click on the ping or the ping bracket there a ffew download samples even one to let your boe bot wander around, I have mine working and the sample code is great to have there is even one for the BS1 and the prop chip
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-01-03 03:29
    Mikediv, Let's hope not!
    Mikediv said...
    I just got mine fried up today
    ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • lemonman78lemonman78 Posts: 3
    edited 2009-01-03 17:14
    ive found got the download and ive read that it requires it needs to be set up for ir roaming. is this true? im not sure so correct me, otherwise im going to continue hooking it up for ir roaming as well to use the ping))).
  • mikedivmikediv Posts: 825
    edited 2009-01-03 22:57
    Franklin·LOL gee a slip of the tounge ,, or not! I have smoked quite a few projects must have been my· Subconscious typing
  • Farmall JDFarmall JD Posts: 5
    edited 2009-01-03 23:04
    Congrats on your robots guys. I can't wait till I get to that point. I am starting out with BSD kit.
  • boe-crazyboe-crazy Posts: 53
    edited 2009-01-04 01:10
    you can also download the roaming with ping v1.0 but you need ir's.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    To make something work one must build, test, and verify bfore proceding.· -- myself
  • NoBo780NoBo780 Posts: 94
    edited 2009-01-04 17:19
    I have posted quite an extensive guide to a robot I made using the BS2 and the 'Ping)))' ultrasonic rangefinder HERE. I also made a second version of that one (but using the Arduino) HERE. Hope that helps!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Giggly Googley!
  • $WMc%$WMc% Posts: 1,884
    edited 2009-01-05 00:58
    lemonman78

I've used a "PING" on My gate opener with no IR devices for about 3 years. My youngest Son has used a "PING" on His Boe for about 2 years with out a IR device. The point is " just because everybody Else does it this way " does not make it necessary for All to do it that way. To be Honest the IR devices are a bit aggravating to use since most of Us use Hi-Efficient lamps in Our houses today,The Hi-Eff. Lamps Make so much noise in the Operating range of the IR devices that their about useless!

Stick with the PING

_________________$WMc%______________

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The Truth is out there·········································· E=$WMc%2
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-01-05 03:20
    For more learning material, you can look in the "Stamps In Class" forum. In the sticky section there are lots more programs and whatnot.