Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
calendar.spin: where to find it? — Parallax Forums

calendar.spin: where to find it?

Carl LawhonCarl Lawhon Posts: 36
edited 2008-12-31 12:47 in Propeller 1
Does anyone know where I can find the calendar.spin object? The object that I use to interface the Parallax gps uses it but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Carl Lawhon

Comments

• Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2008-12-30 23:02
    I believe this is what you are looking for..

Someone should post this to obex.. I think I had to ask for it too.

OBC

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    New to the Propeller?

Check out: Protoboard Introduction , Propeller Cookbook 1.4 & Software Index
    Updates to the Cookbook are now posted to: Propeller.warrantyvoid.us
    Got an SD card connected? - PropDOS
  • Carl LawhonCarl Lawhon Posts: 36
    edited 2008-12-30 23:07
    Thanks a lot Oldbitcollector. Back to the Proptool for me.

EDIT: I'm having some trouble with the GPS_Smartmode.spin object. I have the SIO pin connected to P0 and the vdd and vss hooked up correctly, but I'm getting some wierd outputs. For example, when I ask the GPS how many satellites it is receiving (the red light is solid--there should be three or four that it is receiving) it always says that it is getting zero satellites. All these "wierd" results are consistent with what one gets when the SIO pin is disconnected. Is there some problem with the object such that communication between the gps and my prop is disrupted or disconnected somehow? Attached is the object in question.

I may just be doing something wrong in the simple program I have set up myself, but it is unlikely.

Post Edited (Carl Lawhon) : 12/31/2008 12:45:52 AM GMT
  • StefanL38StefanL38 Posts: 2,292
    edited 2008-12-31 12:47
    Hello,

if you do know the exact name of a file and it was attached to a posting you can find it by using

the search engine http://search.parallax.com/

add +"f=25" to the keywords to focus on the propellerforum (forum no 25)

here a link with all parameters

keyword calender.spin "f=25"

google just searches for EXACT hits (otherwise you would get millions of hits all the time)

If you don NOT know the exact filename search for "application/octet-stream"
    which gives you a lot of results.
    Open all hitpages and collect the whole text with ctrl-a, ctrl-c, paste them with ctrl-v
    into a texteditor and then use the searchfunction of the texteditor. That's quite some keyboardwork
    but then you are sure to have all hitts

best regards

Stefan

Post Edited (StefanL38) : 12/31/2008 12:58:14 PM GMT