Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Learning with an ARobot and expansion kit — Parallax Forums

Learning with an ARobot and expansion kit

DaddyMagicDaddyMagic Posts: 1
edited 2008-12-29 01:46 in BASIC Stamp
Is there anyone else out there who's using an ARobot by Arrick?

I have one and I am in the throes of learning how to solder, and add sensors to the basic ARobot.

I have the expansion kit installed, and after a few helpful hints from a guy· I know (2yr electronics degree) who gave me a crash on how to solder correctly I am trying to install sensors.

I am unsure of how to add a sensor to the expansion board (where the sensor input is linked to in the code).

I have a BS2E and have done some code writing for GIS (Geospatial Information Systems).· However, when it comes to roboting I am a complete newbie..

When I connect the sensor output to a pin on the expansion board how do I dimension that variable in the code?· (Do I?)

Andy

PS I have a BOE board and have been able to get the parallax LCD screen and PING sensor to work on there, but am having a completly horrible time on the ARobot.· I suspect it is because I have so little experience.

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2008-12-29 01:46
    Since it runs on a BS2 the programming will be like that of the BOE but how things hook up that's a different matter and I would look on the arrik site for those answers.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen