Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller Control Board connectivity — Parallax Forums

Propeller Control Board connectivity

shussarshussar Posts: 2
edited 2008-12-27 20:15 in Propeller 1
Merry Christmas to all!· I just received my Propeller Control Board (PCB)--REV A, and attempted to establish comms via USB through the Prop Plug.
Regardless of what I try, I am unable to get the computer to recongize the propeller chip, or more accurately, get the propeller to respond to the computer.

Here's my setup:
I have the propeller board powered (confirmed with blue on-board led)
I have the Propeller Tool v1.2.5 installed.
PropPlug fully seated on PCB (Upright so I can see the Propeller Hat symbol)
USB is using Serial COM4. (115,200 BAUD,8,N,1,N) (BN Latency = 1)

When I attempt to identify hardware, I get a:
"No propeller chip found on any serial port.· Scanned COM4." message.

I tried to download the latest FDTI drivers (2.04.14) but Vista says my drivers are all up-to-date.· I've included the Com4 Port Setting for your convience.

Please help if you have the time or have experienced this issue.· PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1069 x 459 - 71K

Comments

• shussarshussar Posts: 2
    edited 2008-12-27 19:24
    Please disregard this issue.· When I read the schematics, all voltage was being reduced to 5V.· I though putting a 5V battery would get the job done.· As soon I connected a 9V battery everything worked 4.0.· Sorry for the false alarm.· Yet another reminder to follow directions!· I'll be in the corner for my time-out!
  • mikedivmikediv Posts: 825
    edited 2008-12-27 20:15
    shussar·LOL in my haste to get everything connected I have done some real bonners myself I have the propstick usb and when I first tried getting it to work for longer than I care to admit I had the usb cord plugged into a computer that was not the one I had the software on I have a few towers 4 of them right next to each other for servers and stuff I plugged the usb cable into the wrong computer and spent a few hours reloading drivers and going crazy until I realized my blunder the other computer was on the so the usb cable had power I laugh now but it really sucked at the time. well congrats there is a ton of talent here and some really nice and patient people
    ·