Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
EEPROM Issue — Parallax Forums

EEPROM Issue

PhilldapillPhilldapill Posts: 1,283
edited 2008-12-26 06:38 in Propeller 1
I'm not sure what I was doing the other day, but I think a wire may have gotten crossed or something, because now when I try to program my EEPROM, I get an error from the Prop Tool saying "EEPROM Programming Error" or something similiar(not at my desk). Anyone have any idea what this is? Also, does anyone know of any cheap EEPROM replacement IC's?

Comments

• grasshoppergrasshopper Posts: 438
    edited 2008-12-26 04:30
    Are you sure its not the power? Otherwise the EEproms are under $1.50. I suppose shipping would be a bit more but hell thats as cheap as it gets.

You might check the USB connection port, etc.
  • PhilldapillPhilldapill Posts: 1,283
    edited 2008-12-26 06:19
    Did it. The propeller ram programs fine. I think the EEPROM is dead. It is on a PCB so it's not like a wire came loose. Just curious if anyone else has killed one in this way.
  • Harrison.Harrison. Posts: 484
    edited 2008-12-26 06:31
    Check and make sure you tied the WP (write protect) pin to ground. Leaving it floating can cause problems on some devices.
  • PhilldapillPhilldapill Posts: 1,283
    edited 2008-12-26 06:38
    I think I can rule the WP pin out. This is a PCB so there's nothing to come loose. That's why I made the board in the first place because I was tired of working with loose wires on a breadboard. I'm pretty sure the EEPROM is gone. I tried a new one and it works fine.