Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Wiimote? — Parallax Forums

Wiimote?

tom90tom90 Posts: 55
edited 2009-01-06 16:25 in Propeller 1
Hey All,

I noticed the thread below about the Wii nunchuck controller but was wondering if anybody had done anything with the wiimote and sensor bar, and if so do you have any helpful hints to make these work with a prop?

Cheers
Tom

Comments

• soshimososhimo Posts: 215
    edited 2008-12-22 20:34
    Tom -
    I've been playing with the nunchuck for a couple of days now and pretty much done now as I've ran out of cool ideas that haven't been done already (every time I think I have a cool ORIGINAL idea, a quick youtube search reveals that's not the case). The idea of working with the sensor bar intrigues me. I found this. Fun stuff!

I wonder if by moving the IR sources (changing the focus point basically, which would change the triangulation function) and keeping the wiimote stationary you could actually get the wiimote to think it was moving. Not sure of the applications but it's worth doing just for the hack [noparse]:)[/noparse].

** Update **
    I was thinking more on this and I think the biggest challenge will be to RE the wireless protocol that the Wiimote uses to talk to the base. I haven't done any research yet but I think that would probably be a large obstacle, not to mention special circuitry to talk to the wiimote wirelessly. Hmmmm. A challenge.

Post Edited (soshimo) : 12/22/2008 8:43:09 PM GMT
  • Keith DKeith D Posts: 15
    edited 2009-01-06 16:25
    Hi Tom

I was looking at connecting a Wiimote to the propeller through bluetooth, but I cannot find a bluetooth module that will connect to a HID profile slave device.

I know it is possible to disconnect the camera and link it up directly to a microprocessor, and there are web sites that can show you how to do it (though not for the propeller), but I really wanted to read the state of the Wiimote so I have not gone too far with that as yet.

If you find anything that will work with the Bluetooth HID profile I would be really interested in experimenting!!

Cheers
    Keith