Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
need help to get RC signal to Basic stamp then to servo controller — Parallax Forums

need help to get RC signal to Basic stamp then to servo controller

naimnaim Posts: 2
edited 2008-12-17 02:37 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hello all,

Im still quite new with this basic stamp 2 and i need help with my final year project. I'm supposed to·transfer·the signal created from my 36.1MHz RC transmitter to a receiver of the same frequency, which is connected to my basic stamp 2. Using the pulse and time received in the basic stamp, I'm supposed to then change the pulse width of the servo, with the help of a servo controller chip.

You see, I think I've managed to pulsin the signal into the basic stamp, but I'm stuck to continue on.. Can anybody help me?

·

Comments

• SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2008-12-16 03:43
    So, to clarify: you are taking a PWM signal from a RC receiver, intercepting it and modifying it, then outputting the new pulse?

Not too difficult. Take a look at the PULSOUT command in the BS Syntax and Reference Manual. If you are working with just one channel, then it shouldn't be a problem at all (as long as all calculations take less than about 15 ms). If you have multiple channels, then you may have difficulty measuring each signal if they are output together or one right after another. I don't know the output order of RC receivers(or if there are standards or conventions for such things...)
  • Tom CTom C Posts: 461
    edited 2008-12-16 21:04
    naim,

The attached example BS2 code may help you out.

Regards,
    TCIII

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    If you are going to send·a Robot·to save the world, you·better make sure it likes it the way it is!

Post Edited (Tom C) : 12/16/2008 9:21:22 PM GMT
  • naimnaim Posts: 2
    edited 2008-12-17 02:37
    Hi friends, thanks for·your·quick reply with·useful advice and code example! I really appreciate it.