Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Need help with connecting a breadboard to BOE(board of...) — Parallax Forums

Need help with connecting a breadboard to BOE(board of...)

SLUG-1SLUG-1 Posts: 28
edited 2008-12-15 21:44 in Learn with BlocklyProp
hi! I'm new here and was wondering if there were any tutorials or if someone could tell me how to add a home made breadboard to the board of education.
I made a custom robot chassis and wanted to add more sensors to the board and so a lil info on how to add a non parallax breadboard would be great. ty.
sorry for the newbie question!

p.s. I have no formal training and im learning as i go.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-12-15 21:11
    The little breadboard on the BOE is just glued onto the board. There's no electrical connection. There is a ground plane underneath that helps reduce noise, but there's no connection there. You would just do the same thing with your larger breadboard that you might do with the BOE breadboard, just with longer jumper wires. It's good construction practice to put a 0.1uF 50V ceramic capacitor between Vdd (+5V) and Vss (ground) at least every 2 ICs. This is particularly important when you're using an external breadboard. You might also use a 10uF or larger electrolytic capacitor (rated for at least 6V) between the Vdd and Vss lines where they come into your external breadboard (watch the polarity of the electrolytic capacitor ... + to + and - to -).

Parallax does sell some nice snap-together breadboards (www.parallax.com/Store/Microcontrollers/BASICStampModules/tabid/134/txtSearch/breadboard/List/1/catpageindex/2/ProductID/421/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName%2cProductName)

Post Edited (Mike Green) : 12/15/2008 9:19:40 PM GMT
  • SLUG-1SLUG-1 Posts: 28
    edited 2008-12-15 21:18
    hmm thank you for you quick reply! it is possible to use both breadboards aswell?
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-12-15 21:44
    Sure.