Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
uOLED-Prop 8-Bit driver update — Parallax Forums

uOLED-Prop 8-Bit driver update

Timothy D. SwieterTimothy D. Swieter Posts: 1,613
edited 2008-12-18 00:22 in Propeller 1
I recently restructured the 8-bit driver I created for 4D Systems's uOLED-96-Prop. I have attached the code for others to review and eventually I will finish cleaning it up and post the updated object to the Object Exchange.

Basically this driver is structured like the LM9033A Graphical LCD driver I created a couple weeks ago. The driver is in ASM. The driver initializes the I/O, but then it waits for a command, executes the command and then goes back to waiting. This is similar to how the graphical.spin works or Float32 works. With this kind of structure it is easy to be able to send both commands and data to the uOLED display. For instance you may want to dim the display for different lighting conditions or use the displays internal scrolling feature.

A couple of the uOLED commands are written, other have yet to be written or will be left for the community to write.

Let me know what you think of this driver and improvement suggestions. As I said, after a little feedback I will post the updated driver to the Object Exchange.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Timothy D. Swieter, E.I.
www.brilldea.com - Prop Blade, LED Painter, RGB LEDs, uOLED-IOC, eProto for SunSPOT, BitScope
www.tdswieter.com

Comments

• JamesxJamesx Posts: 132
    edited 2008-12-15 13:39
    Thanks Tim. I'll take a look at your driver within a few days.

I love the uOLED, and use it extensively for my projects.

Jim
  • DiverBobDiverBob Posts: 1,108
    edited 2008-12-18 00:22
    I've been using Tim's new driver for several days now without any problems. It has the ability to run either single or double-buffered so if you don't need the speed single-buffering maximizes your program memory. If you have been using the uoLED you will find this driver works much better than the 4D driver (very slow screen refresh - you can watch the pixels being painted) and still gives access to many of the functions in the on-board graphics processor.

Once I work out some of may program bugs I will post some examples of it in use.

Great job Tim!!!!

Bob Sweeney