Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PINK worked, now doesn't; Ethernet light blinking — Parallax Forums

PINK worked, now doesn't; Ethernet light blinking

DavidicusDavidicus Posts: 20
edited 2009-02-09 17:36 in BASIC Stamp
I hooked up my PINK today to start working with it.· It's one I bought a year or so ago and haven't worked with it.

Everything worked fine. I had a great connection and was working with the variables.· Without changing anything, now the network cable port light is blinking and communication between the PINK and my network no longer works.· I cycled the power on the PINK and the router it is connected to but no luck.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Dave

Comments

• DavidicusDavidicus Posts: 20
    edited 2008-12-12 19:07
    I guess I should be more specific that the network light is blinking steadily at roughly one second on, one second off.

It appears to me that it is trying to tell me something is wrong.

Dave
    edited 2008-12-14 20:52
    I consulted on a Netburner forum and they all agree that the firmware programmed into the PINK has been corrupted.

Does anyone know if Parallax makes the firmware available so that I can reprogram my PINK or am I outta luck?

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-12-14 21:27
    The firmware is not available for you to reprogram your PINK. If you call or e-mail Parallax support, they can arrange for you to return the PINK and they can reprogram it for you.
  • clayjayclayjay Posts: 11
    edited 2009-02-07 19:16
    You might want to check your power supply. The PINK uses quite a bit of power and I have had similiar trouble in the past. Also, I have found the HomeWork Board does not furnish enough juice to run a PINK.
    edited 2009-02-07 21:48
    I sent my PINK module to Parallax.· The tech support people were absolutely fantastic.· They could not get the module working correctly, either, so they sent out a replacement module, which I received about a week ago.

I·am going to·work the new module the same way·as the last one because I would really like to have it work, but I think I will take it one step at a time.· If the module gets messed up this time, maybe it will expose an error in the firmware that Parallax can correct.

Hopefully, this information helps anyone in the future that may have the same issue.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2009-02-09 17:36
    I would double check your power supply capacity as suggested. Power supplies that brown out on devices that write to flash memory or EEPROM can definitely cause corruption and that’s nothing that can be fixed in firmware. You’ll want to ensure the PINK module has adequate power. Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering