Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
STAMP, Xbee & VB.NET Help. — Parallax Forums

STAMP, Xbee & VB.NET Help.

DownsDowns Posts: 30
edited 2008-12-13 22:04 in BASIC Stamp
Hello everyone,

Can anyone help me find the missing link? My code on the STAMP side and VB side works perfectly while my STAMP is connected to the PC via the USB cable. Once I put the Xbee modules in between (one connected to the USB and one mounted to the STAMP) i cannot get the Xbee module connected to the PC(VB App.) to send the Variable from VB to the Xbee module mounted on the STAMP. I know the Xbee modules can communicate to each other because if I close my VB App. and open up a terminal window, I can send data from the terminal to the STAMP. My guess is that it's some kind of Syntax issue on the VB side with the Xbee. I have done research on this issue for the past 4 days to no avail. Attached is a little bit of the VB code and STAMP code. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• MSDTechMSDTech Posts: 342
    edited 2008-12-12 17:57
    The one thing I do not see in your VB app is the properties for SPort. Are you sure that it is using the same port and baudrate as the Xbee module is connected to?
  • DownsDowns Posts: 30
    edited 2008-12-12 20:37
    Yes, the SPort is configured via properties pane and not code. Like i said, I can open up a terminal window and communicate just fine. If you look at the code on the STAMP side, you'll see where it fires off the command to turn on the LCD backlight and display the words "Current Temp:" once the STAMP senses data coming in. The LCD light will indead turn on and the words "Current Temp:" will show up but for some reason the CurrentTemp variable is not coming through.
  • DownsDowns Posts: 30
    edited 2008-12-13 22:04
    Ok, got it partially working now!! had to turn on Flow control on the VB side. Problem I'm having now is that the VB App. sends 3 data variables to the STAMP. (1) Current Temp (2) Day Hi (3) Day Low. The first one comes through perfectly, the second one does not and the third one comes through fine. I'll keep workin!