Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
DS1620 Installation Layout — Parallax Forums

DS1620 Installation Layout

Dave AspDave Asp Posts: 2
edited 2008-12-12 04:19 in BASIC Stamp
I'm fairly new to the BASIC programming, so I don't really understand a lot more of the technical stuff. The PDF for the part on the parralax site has a spreadsheet for pins, but I can't read it. I was wondering if somebody could tell me where to put it according to the plot on the chip? The chip ranges from P0-P15 on the y-axis and then vdd for the next four, vin for two, and vss for for on the x-axis. Basically, can somebody tell a newbie how to put the sensor on the board?

Comments

• Twisted PairTwisted Pair Posts: 177
    edited 2008-12-12 03:31
    Your Stamp Pin assignments will vary depending on how your Code is written. I haven't seen the spreadsheet that you mentioned but here is a Data Sheet for the DS1620. Maybe this will help you.

TwistedPair....

Post Edited (Twisted Pair) : 12/12/2008 3:58:32 AM GMT
  • MSDTechMSDTech Posts: 342
    edited 2008-12-12 03:44
    You can also download the Appkit for the DS1620 from the Parallax web site. You can find it at:
    http://www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/prod/appkit/ds1620thermometer.pdf

If you look on the bottom of page 1, it shows the power and connections to the Basic Stamp. They use pins 0,1 and 2; but you can use any 3 as long as your code is written to talk through the pins you select. For starters, I'd use the same pins to allow the sample code to run unmodified. The AppKit also contains sample code for multiple types of microcontrollers.
  • Twisted PairTwisted Pair Posts: 177
    edited 2008-12-12 03:55
    Here is more DS1620 information for you Dave. MSDTech also posted the link to this information as well.

TwistedPair....
  • Dave AspDave Asp Posts: 2
    edited 2008-12-12 04:19
    Thanks very much for the responses. I've got it figured out now =)