Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Thought I blew my PROP!!! — Parallax Forums

Thought I blew my PROP!!!

mcstarmcstar Posts: 144
edited 2008-12-12 00:22 in Propeller 1
Last night, I was working on my prop a little too late again. Due to the lateness of the hour, I found myself slipping into one of my old "pre-electronics training" habits of "hot plugin" components into a bread board. Suddenly I got a POP and everything went dead! smhair.gif I was plugging a rather large capacitor into the bread board from a prop pin to ground. Kind dumb now that I think about it, but now, I couldn't seem to get anything to work on the from prop. The power led was lit, but the TV out seemed dead and nothing else was working as expected. I figured a voltage spike from the capacitor charging zapped some of the prop's pins or something.

Finally I went to bed thinking I'd have to buildup another prop board up to replace the one I blew. shakehead.gif

Well, in the morning, I started it up and everything seem to work fine... for a moment or two. Then it went dead again! Well, that's just too weird so I started at the basics. I unplugged each accessory, the keyboard, the Tv connection, the sd card... etc. When I had just the prop by itself, it seem to work fine. Add any accessory, the prop gets stuck in a reboot over and over again cycle.

Could it be that easy?... surely it was.

Some of you have already guessed it.

My batteries were low! LOL. yeah.gif

Comments

• Timothy D. SwieterTimothy D. Swieter Posts: 1,613
    edited 2008-12-12 00:22
    Ha - this is a good story mcstar! I am glad to hear it was only the batteries.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Timothy D. Swieter, E.I.
    www.brilldea.com - Prop Blade, LED Painter, RGB LEDs, uOLED-IOC, eProto for SunSPOT, BitScope
    www.tdswieter.com