Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Installation of Servos — Parallax Forums

Installation of Servos

ReiserificKReiserificK Posts: 24
edited 2008-12-10 15:43 in Propeller 1
Hi everyone, I searched the propreller section of the forus and couldnt find anything on this.· Also, I have checked the docs.· I am working on an a robotic vehicle project and my proto board USB just came in.· I need to control several servos, and would like to use the built in servo circuit, but I am a little confused.· I soldered the headers in and have a shorting block to put on the Vservo header, but I don't know how to connect the signal line to a pin on the propeller.· Is it already wired or do I need to run one myself?· Perhaps I'm just being obtuse [noparse]:p[/noparse]

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2008-12-10 15:06
    I believe that you need to run one yourself.
  • sylvie369sylvie369 Posts: 1,622
    edited 2008-12-10 15:43
    You will need to run lines to the servo headers yourself. It's not at all obvious, but the breadboard hole immediately next to the servo pin header is electrically connected to the adjacent pin. I ran a 1k resistor from that hole to one of the holes along the side of the board, then put a header in the set of holes connected to those holes (see photo). Then you can just run a wire from the I/O pin you want to that header, which is connected through the resistor to the control pin of the servo header.

I'd suggest to Parallax that they make this more clear in the documentation. I struggled with it quite a while too. I think I eventually found it somewhere, but it should be in the instructions for soldering together the Proto Board Accessory Kit. Of course now that I look closely in the photograph, I see that there's a nice little line there on the silk screening indicating the connection. I guess my near vision isn't what it used to be.

Warning: I'm working from a regular protoboard, not a Protoboard USB. You might want to verify that things are the same on the USB version before soldering.

Post Edited (sylvie369) : 12/10/2008 3:55:52 PM GMT
    3072 x 2304 - 2M