Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
HB-25 Controller and Motor Wheel Kit...HELP! — Parallax Forums

HB-25 Controller and Motor Wheel Kit...HELP!

EEwanabeEEwanabe Posts: 7
edited 2008-12-14 04:28 in BASIC Stamp
Hello Everybody:

This is my first attempt at a·Parallax·robot and my first post. so go easy on me, please.

I am so new to this stuff, that I am still wet behind the ears! I've done the book 'What's a Microcontrller?' and I understood it pretty well and enjoyed the projects, but now I am stuck and sure you could some of your help.

I purchased the HB-25 and Mortor Wheel Kit and I am only going to use one motor on my project, for now anyway, and I'm not sure how to wire this thing up with regards to the Board of Education. It does not seem to be the same as the servo excercises and I dont want to cook anything. I've got it all assembled (one motor, the left one) and I have downloaded and programmed the BS2 with the sample test code, but again I'm just not sure how to wire it up. Black is Vss, Is Red Vdd? because it was Vin for the servo and i dont think I want 9v going to the circuit! nono.gif Does P15 go to white?

Any help such as a verbal or link to a diagram would be great!

Thank you,

EEwanabe

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2008-12-10 17:13
    On page 8 of the manual it will show you the connection to the controller.· This means that you can connect it to the servo socket on the Board of Education.· black to Vss, red to Vdd, and white to I/O pin.· Here is a link to the manual:·

http://www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/prod/motors/27971-MotorMount-v1.2.pdf

Make sure that the jumper for the servo socket is set to Vdd.

Regards,

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·
  • EEwanabeEEwanabe Posts: 7
    edited 2008-12-10 19:04
    Dave:

Thanks for the advice! I tried both, socket 15 and P15 but no luck. when the system is powered up the motor does have a dynamic brake effect (hard to turn wheel) and the cooling fan changes pitch if you try to turn the wheel.

Any more suggestions?
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2008-12-10 21:47
    The test code is set up for two motors.· If you are using a single motor you'll need to remove the ID code for the second motor and it should work.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·
  • EEwanabeEEwanabe Posts: 7
    edited 2008-12-14 04:28
    Got it working!!!

Thanks a lot for your help!