Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
basic stamp project help — Parallax Forums

basic stamp project help

macknlatinmacknlatin Posts: 5
edited 2008-12-11 01:46 in BASIC Stamp
I'm trying to make a voice dial tone,

ex.
so when a person uses the phone and dials 1-800 they will hear "one" "eight" "zero" "zero"

I have an mt8870 (that i have wired to have a binary output), a basic stamp 2, and an ISD2590.

I want to know what can i do so i can activate the isd chip to play a certain messsage when the a number on the phone pad is pushed.

can anybody help me out?

(thanks for looking)

Comments

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2008-12-09 21:05
    macknlatin -

You may find this project from MAKE magazine helpful in designing your project. It may require you to makes some changes in your existing plans. Specifically, among any other possible changes, this project used a PIC microcontroller, and you will (hopefully) be using a PBASIC Stamp from Parallax.

I should warn you, the web page at the link I am about to provide, was translated from another language into English. Here is the link to the project: http://tinyurl.com/6o7bt2

I hope this link helps, as I never tried to pass on a translated web page. From what I could see it looked quite good.

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    When all else fails, try inserting a new battery.
  • MicrocontrolledMicrocontrolled Posts: 2,461
    edited 2008-12-09 21:56
    You could try puchesing the Emic Text to Speech module from parallax, if you are using a Basic Stamp.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Thank You For Reading! Please Respond!!!

···
  • macknlatinmacknlatin Posts: 5
    edited 2008-12-10 01:19
    Bruce Bates

thank you for your post, i am looking at it for the night and will put something up again tomorrow to let you know what happens.

thanx again
    macknlatin

PS yes i will be using the basic stamp from parallax
    edited 2008-12-10 06:54
    Bruce Bates

i couldn't tell which project you were referring to, can you be more specific on which you meant?
    edited 2008-12-10 09:42
    microcontroled1204 said...
    You could try puchesing the Emic Text to Speech module from parallax, if you are using a Basic Stamp.

how would i be able to apply it in the project? does this get rid of the isd chip with a voice already in there? because i just need it to read number and possibly the pound and star keys.
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2008-12-10 23:15
    Your chip only plays one recording and would not work in your project you need a voice chip that can say 12 different things on command.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
    edited 2008-12-11 01:46
    i was trying to record messages in the isd chip in different addresses. Can anyone tell me what i would need to do?

I started with the schematic on page 22, but not sure how to record and test at different addresses
    http://web.udl.es/usuaris/p7806757/0000-pdf/grabasound-1/2530-1.pdf

Post Edited (macknlatin) : 12/11/2008 2:00:55 AM GMT