Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
loading code — Parallax Forums

loading code

alexeenalexeen Posts: 6
edited 2008-12-08 06:22 in BASIC Stamp
how do i store my whole program into the basic stamp 2e to run after power is been disconnected and connected back again???
please can any one help???

Comments

• SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2008-12-08 03:21
    When you download the program, it is automatically stored in the EEPROM. You don't need to do anything special. To download, make sure that the BS2 is on and powered, press CTRL+R. Once it's finished, you can disconnect it, cycle the power, and move about the cabin.
  • alexeenalexeen Posts: 6
    edited 2008-12-08 05:38
    thanks but what do u mean by cycle the power and moving around the cabin??
    TO SRLM
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-12-08 05:52
    "Cycle the power" just means to turn it off, then on. All that would do would be to reset the Stamp so the program would start over again from the beginning. Usually it's a good idea to turn off the power to a circuit before disconnecting it from something else. Practically, it doesn't matter so much since USB and serial connections are pretty well protected from voltage surges, electrical noise, etc. and are supposed to be able to be unplugged and plugged into "live" circuits without damage. When you unplug the USB or serial connection, it may reset the Stamp anyway because of how the reset circuitry is connected.

"moving around the cabin" probably refers to an airplane, spaceship, or starship cabin where you can move around once things are stable.
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2008-12-08 06:05
    move about the cabin was a bad pun on the announcement you get when you fly... My general thinking was that you can leave your seat and take it wherever you need it.
  • GeorgeLGeorgeL Posts: 131
    edited 2008-12-08 06:22
    I usually leave mine on the floor, constantly on and connected.... IDK if thats good or bad.