Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Servo project — Parallax Forums

Servo project

FnordcorpsFnordcorps Posts: 8
edited 2008-12-06 14:11 in BASIC Stamp
Hi, I am pretty new to the Basic stamp and was wondering if anyone could give me a little help or pointers
with a project of mine.

I am using a Basic stamp 2 module (BSC-IC) which will be mounted on a Basic stamp 2 carrier board
and want to use it to control two servo motors. I want to program it to move the two servos to a set
position then back again then pause then repeat at random times. The servos want to move to different
positions. Can someone point me in the direction of a tutorial or even better explain here how I can go
about doing this as simply as possible. for example what circuit/program could achieve this.

I dont want to control the servos externally I just want them to run through the program looped to eternity
on the push of a button.

I also have a board of education prototyping board.

Thanks in advance

Tim

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-12-05 15:23
    The "Robotics with the BoeBot" tutorial goes into a lot of detail on the use of servos with the Stamps. The BoeBot normally has two servos and moves them independently. They're what are called "continuous motion servos", but they're just servos that have been modified so that the control pulses specify the speed and direction of the servo rather than the desired position of the servo. To the Stamp, they're the same.

The tutorials are found here: www.parallax.com/tabid/535/Default.aspx
  • FnordcorpsFnordcorps Posts: 8
    edited 2008-12-06 14:11
    Thanks for the help, I will look into that