Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Water Level Control System Design — Parallax Forums

Water Level Control System Design

Innopius1Innopius1 Posts: 2
edited 2008-12-01 22:26 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hello all!
I am in need of the code for the above mentioned- Water level control in two tanks
The system is already set up, with the microcontroller bs2p 24 and PWMPAL chips.
Since am not very good at coding, I therefore need help from you all.

How should I carry on? Help me.

Thanks, Innopius1.

Post Edited (Innopius1) : 12/1/2008 12:37:10 AM GMT

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-12-01 15:01
    You need to learn how to code. That will take some time and effort, but will be well worth it.

Make sure you have copies (paper or downloaded) of the "Parallax Stamp Basic Syntax and Reference Manual" and the "What's a Microcontroller?" tutorial. Other tutorials that may be useful include "Industrial Control" and "Process Control". All of these are available from the Parallax website by clicking on the Resources tab. The Manual is here: www.parallax.com/tabid/440/Default.aspx. The various tutorials are here: www.parallax.com/tabid/535/Default.aspx. I suggest you start with the "What's a Microcontroller?" tutorial and work through the various exercises.

In writing a program like yours, you need to start by writing down the behavior you want from your system, the "rules" if you will. This would be things like "If this happens, then that will be turned on". If there are related steps that happen in order, write them down as separate steps. Eventually you will have a program, written in "pseudo-code", that's relatively easy to translate into Parallax Basic or whatever programming language you need. The crucial part is getting the original rules down correctly.
  • Innopius1Innopius1 Posts: 2
    edited 2008-12-01 21:54
    That was very practical Mike Green. Thank you very much. At least a start is better than nothing!!
  • Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,662
    edited 2008-12-01 22:26
    Also on the tutorials page, look at Applied Sensors". The final project happens to be a water level control system.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tracy Allen
    www.emesystems.com