Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Could I disconnect the date line between the BS2 and the PC while the BS2 worki — Parallax Forums

Could I disconnect the date line between the BS2 and the PC while the BS2 worki

AsineAsine Posts: 3
edited 2008-12-01 06:08 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,
I am involed in a project that I have to achieve· the connection with bs2 and the computer wireless
I know that Parallax 433 MHz RF Receiver or eb500 can achieve this,but refer to the BBS,a date
line should be connect to the PC,and I'd like to know if the date line can disconnect
to the PC when the BS2 working.
Thanks in advance, any advice will be extremely helpful.

Comments

• Carl HayesCarl Hayes Posts: 841
    edited 2008-11-27 13:46
    Hello --

I'm not sure that I understand the question.· I think you're asking whether the Stamp can be disconnected from the PC after the PC has loaded the program into the Stamp.

If that is what you are asking, the answer is yes, you can disconnect from the PC after loading the program into the Stamp, and continue to run the program without any connection to the PC.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    · -- Carl, nn5i@arrl.net
  • AsineAsine Posts: 3
    edited 2008-11-28 02:00
    Thank you a lot,that's my question,and you answer will be of help,my misson is to achieve the date transmision between the BS2 and the PC,some progress has been made,and the EB500 has been ordered too.I am a granduate student ,in fact I am not familar with BS2, even I have never read it,I have to learn step by step,so I sincerely hope I can get the help from all of you,thank you.
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2008-11-28 05:31
    If you haven't already, take a look at the Basic Stamp Syntax and Reference Manual, available in the downloads area. That will answer most questions about the BS2, although I don't think it mentions anything about cabling.
  • AsineAsine Posts: 3
    edited 2008-12-01 06:08
    And there's another question,Since I got the Eb500,then should I have to got some other part to recieve ?and what I need?thank you.