Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
prop not programming — Parallax Forums

prop not programming

P!-RoP!-Ro Posts: 1,189
edited 2008-11-24 01:13 in Propeller 1
My protoboard stopped programming and I don't know why. It just seemingly stopped after soldering some parts to the board. It works on my other propeller, but not on the protoboard. All it tells me is it couldn't find it on com5. Do you think it's a simple problem I can fix, or could it be that I overheated some part?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Pi Guy

Comments

• Brian218Brian218 Posts: 92
    edited 2008-11-24 01:13
    Yes to both questions; it depends on what is the actual problem.

What components did you solder to the board? Do the voltage regulators, or propeller chip get unusually hot?
    Does the board do anything when power is applied, and does the green power LED indicator illuminate?

The first thing to check would be the parts that you soldered as well as the solder joints. also look for the obviously "stupid" mistakes we all make time from time. Some of these would be...is the power switch turned on?...are all the added components installed where you meant to place them? did you forget a jumper, short circuit something with a solder bridge?..

Check to verify your USB cable isn't loose or disconnected. Also make sure you don't have a screen display program (full duplex serial for example) that may be blocking the use of the com port.

Good luck

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    This post is a work of art. Variations in spelling and grammar are intentional, artistic endeavors that add value to all of mankind.