Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
A Dish Best Servo'd Cold — Parallax Forums

A Dish Best Servo'd Cold

g8_big_geekg8_big_geek Posts: 15
edited 2008-11-20 22:48 in BASIC Stamp
shocked.gif·I am trying to:
  1. Start·a timer.
  2. Then initiate the (continuous rotating) servo to spin clockwise (and/or counter clockwise) until
  3. IN3 = 1, and/or until I switch it to stop, then
  4. Stop the timer (timecounter) and
  5. report time (by sending that number to PLX-DAQ Excel)

All of this so I can account for how long I caused the motor to spin (from the time of its initial begin command to the time I hit the switch to stop it).

I think I'm doing something wrong b/c I keep looping it to death and my times are all messed up. I'm using BASIC Stamp v2.2.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-11-20 21:26
    You will need to post your code (as an attachment please). It's impossible to tell what you're doing wrong or what's happening without further information.
  • g8_big_geekg8_big_geek Posts: 15
    edited 2008-11-20 21:37
    I have a series of things going on and I'm just trying to add in the 'timer' function for one of my sensors but I keep messing it up somehow.

' {$STAMP BS2}
    ' {$PBASIC 2.5}

Post Edited By Moderator (Chris Savage (Parallax)) : 11/20/2008 10:51:39 PM GMT
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2008-11-20 22:41
    Please edit your message and attach your code rather than pasting it into the message. It's hard to follow in the message with all the formatting lost. As an atachment it can be easily loaded into the editor by clicking on it.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering
  • g8_big_geekg8_big_geek Posts: 15
    edited 2008-11-20 22:48
    Okay sorry about that. I did attach it. You should be able to open it now. Again, I'm still working on this so it's not completed. I am trying to work in the commands so that it will see when the time should start.