Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SPI mode on Memory Stick Datalogger — Parallax Forums

SPI mode on Memory Stick Datalogger

TWRackersTWRackers Posts: 33
edited 2008-11-18 05:45 in BASIC Stamp
Hi, I was told by a fellow at Tech Support that someone here on the forum has successfully interfaced the Memory Stick Datalogger to a BASIC Stamp using SPI mode instead of UART mode.· I'd like to get some tips on how this is done.· I've already got very crude comms working in SPI mode, but I haven't quite figured out the timing of the various messages put out by the Datalogger when it powers up, with or without a flash drive plugged in.· I've been searching the forum for such info, but I've been getting no hits that have been useful.

Thomas Rackers
Manassas, VA

Post Edited (TWRackers) : 11/17/2008 7:18:09 PM GMT

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2008-11-17 18:49
    Here is a link that may help you get started:· http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=620161

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·
  • TWRackersTWRackers Posts: 33
    edited 2008-11-18 04:34
    Looks like a new issue has come up.· I have the BS2sx plugged into a Board of Education, as well as the Datalogger, and I have a Memorex 256 Mb flash drive plugged into the Datalogger's USB port.· When I power up the BoE, the program loaded into the BS2sx does not start unless I either (a) press the Reset button after powering up, or (b) hold the Reset button during power-up and then release it.· I'm powering the Datalogger from the Vdd socket of the BoE, and the board itself is powered by a 9v AC adapter.

Is it possible the Datalogger is preventing the program from starting up?· If I load a different program (specifically the RUN1/RUN2 demo for the BS2sx), I don't see this behavior, the program starts right up upon power-up.

UPDATE: Okay, if I end my test program with a STOP instead of an END, it starts up every time upon power-up.· Still don't understand though why an END would prevent the program from starting back up after cycling power.

Thomas Rackers
    Manassas, VA

Post Edited (TWRackers) : 11/18/2008 4:50:52 AM GMT
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2008-11-18 05:01
    Thomas -

Please ATTACH a copy of your program so that we can take a look at it. We're in the dark as it is now.

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    When all else fails, try inserting a new battery.
  • TWRackersTWRackers Posts: 33
    edited 2008-11-18 05:45
    Bruce Bates said...
    Thomas -

Please ATTACH a copy of your program so that we can take a look at it. We're in the dark as it is now.

Regards,

Bruce Bates

Here ya go.· It's a work in progress, so by the time you see it I will probably have changed·my copy·multiple times.

TWR