Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
LCD Touch Screen by PDA Inc. — Parallax Forums

LCD Touch Screen by PDA Inc.

KevinWiebeKevinWiebe Posts: 4
edited 2008-11-18 06:03 in BASIC Stamp
A while back I bought an LCD touch screen display from a company called PDA Inc. Their Website was www.simmetry.com. I just got around to using it and it seems like a great little unit. I only paid $80 for it, new off eBay.

It seems that now their Website is inactive and I can't find any information on them. I wish I'd bought more of these units.

Does anyone know what happened to them? Are more of these available? What are others using for LCD touch screens?

Comments

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2008-11-17 17:37
    Kevin -

Try giving it a shot tomorrow or later in the week. It looks like there may be a server that is down, in their area.

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    When all else fails, try inserting a new battery.
  • KevinWiebeKevinWiebe Posts: 4
    edited 2008-11-17 17:40
    The Website (http://www.simmetry.com/) is coming up but this is what I get:

PDA, Inc. = Product Development Associates, Inc.
    We develop new products from concept through mass production.

This web site has been discontinued
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2008-11-17 17:56
    Kevin -

You're getting further than I did. Would an administrative address help?

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    When all else fails, try inserting a new battery.
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2008-11-17 20:16
    Kevin,

I was not able to access the page with the link provided, it stated it was a discontinued web site. However; there is a company Tigal [noparse][[/noparse] http://www.tigal.com/ ] which have touch screen film that might suit your needs. They are based over seas so I'm not sure the cost of shipping or if they have what you need; but·this might be an option.

Hope this helps

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Joshua Donelson

www.parallax.com
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2008-11-17 20:29
    www.pda-engineering.com/

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • GICU812GICU812 Posts: 289
    edited 2008-11-17 23:37
    They quit making those, and I think they went out of buisness, or rather shut down. The website has been inactive for 6+ months, and I emailed the guy, said he doesnt have any parts nor can he repair old ones.

The displays are junk, PM me for my shipping address. [noparse]:D[/noparse]

Nah, Ive got 2 of em I loved, but they both went out, due to my mistakes. Looked everywhere for another one, couldnt find one.

I had a thread earlier this year where someone posted the documentation and files for them.
    ·
  • RDL2004RDL2004 Posts: 2,554
    edited 2008-11-18 06:03
    I bought two of them for a project several years ago but ended up not using them. I broke one of them during testing without ever really figuring out what I did wrong. It works only in demo mode, I can't communicate with it at all. I'd like to at least be able to re-use the display but their documentation doesn't say exactly which Optrex part number it is and I've never gotten around to taking it apart to look.

Here is a link to a similar product, but it's only available in black on green, not the cool white on blue of the PDA unit.

www.multilabs.net/ezDISPLAY_Mini.html

edit: Here is that earlier post with the documentation, in case you need it.

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=738132

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Rick

Post Edited (RDL2004) : 11/18/2008 6:10:38 AM GMT