Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stamp and 433MHz Wireless Tx/Rx — Parallax Forums

Stamp and 433MHz Wireless Tx/Rx

oRiCLeoRiCLe Posts: 9
edited 2008-11-17 20:23 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,

I have built a small sample device comprising of two basic stamp 1 USB modules, one unit a 433MHz wireless Tx and one unit with a Rx.

The idea is when the button on device A is pressed (and for as long as it is held down) the corresponding LED on device B should be lit, it has 4 buttons, and 4 corresponding LED's...

the program on the transmitter transmits the LEDs as 0000 for all low, 1111 for all high etc...

if i have the Tx unit on, and working, and i turn on the Rx unit, sometimes it wont "sync" with the Tx unit and the LEDs will not light, but if i switch it off and back on again it will work...is there any way that i can guarantee that it is syncing or cause the Rx module to try and sync again if it doesn't receive anything for x number of seconds etc?

19022008123.jpg

Comments

• stamptrolstamptrol Posts: 1,731
    edited 2008-11-17 15:08
    Post your programs (both Tx and Rx).

Its the only way anyone can help you.

Cheers,

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tom Sisk

http://www.siskconsult.com
    ·
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-11-17 15:22
    Are you sending the sync pulse prior to sending the data as shown in the sample code for the receiver / transmitter?
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2008-11-17 20:23
    oRiCLe,

Have you established communication between the two BS1 and 433MHz modules prior to this project? For example; demo communication from BS1 to BS1 before the addition of other buttons and LEDs.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Joshua Donelson

www.parallax.com