Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Most efficient LCD driver? — Parallax Forums

Most efficient LCD driver?

T ChapT Chap Posts: 4,223
edited 2008-11-17 17:30 in Propeller 1
LCD Debug is a gross offender. I use bin, decf, hex, str, and that's about it. Anyone know what is the most efficient method to drive an LCD for these few requirements? I have a spare port on the 4x driver, configuring that port as an LCD driver would be ideal if there is a way to make use of the same functionality of the above needs without adding cogs. Thoughts welcome.

Comments

• T ChapT Chap Posts: 4,223
    edited 2008-11-16 21:19
    I just noticed that Tim has already conveniently prepared the 4port with sufficient LCD capabilities to not really need the Debug LC any longer.
  • Timothy D. SwieterTimothy D. Swieter Posts: 1,613
    edited 2008-11-16 23:22
    TChapman,

LCD Debug is a serial LCD driver or graphics LCD driver?

I am working on a driver for an LCD that I will be selling soon. The display is a graphics display though and not a serial display. The LCD driver I am working on will work with graphics.spin so just about any graphics can be drawn on the screen.

If LCD Debug is a serial LCD driver, then maybe you can just narrow down and remove what you don't need.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Timothy D. Swieter, E.I.
    www.brilldea.com - Prop Blade, LED Painter, RGB LEDs, uOLED-IOC, eProto for SunSPOT, BitScope
    www.tdswieter.com
  • BradCBradC Posts: 2,601
    edited 2008-11-17 05:33
    Try this one. Only spin and no extra cog required.
    It's a modified version of the one in the obex from Simon Ampleman modified to have busy polling and initialise reliably.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Pull my finger!

Post Edited (BradC) : 11/17/2008 5:52:45 AM GMT
  • T ChapT Chap Posts: 4,223
    edited 2008-11-17 05:40
    No attachment Brad.

I have a nice solution using the spare port on the 4 port so that no new cogs are required.
  • BradCBradC Posts: 2,601
    edited 2008-11-17 05:50
    TChapman said...
    No attachment Brad.

I have a nice solution using the spare port on the 4 port so that no new cogs are required.

Yeah, I forgot I can't attach .spin files without renaming them <grumble>

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Pull my finger!
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2008-11-17 17:30
    As long as the method isn't used (directly or indirectly), you can always edit it out of the object.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.