Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Hello all! — Parallax Forums

Hello all!

g8_big_geekg8_big_geek Posts: 15
edited 2008-11-16 18:19 in BASIC Stamp
Hello all!

Sitting here, frustrated as ever...I have been using my Parallax·microcontroller to operate various things from my desktop with a lot of success. I'm currently using BASIC Stamp v2.2 and I was going to bring something I had worked on for a presentation, so I loaded the software onto my laptop only *poof* "No BASIC Stamps Found" keeps appearing when I try to run the various program(s).

Facts and troubleshooting already done:
  • I am using Windows XP on my laptop
  • I have tried disabling the "FIFO buffers" under Device Manager, Multiport Communications Por (COM1), Port Settings, Advanced in accordance with http://forums.parallax.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37378·help information.
  • Have tried downloading BASIC Stamp v2.4 from Parallax support advice provided, but to no avail. Still getting the same message "No BASIC Stamps found"
  • Under "Identify" (Ctrl+I) it shows "Port: COM1, Device Type: _______, Version_____, Loopback: Yes, Echo: No"
  • Have compared the settings to the ones on my desktop and they both match.

I have tried everything I can think of and am completely out of ideas. If you can offer any new ideas that would be wonderful. Thank you everyone!

Post Edited By Moderator (Joshua Donelson (Parallax)) : 10/23/2009 4:10:10 AM GMT

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-11-16 04:15
    If Echo is No, then there's some problem with the serial transmission from the laptop to the Stamp or from the Stamp to the laptop.
    There's a lot of information missing in your description. For example, are you using a direct serial port or a USB virtual serial port?
    If it's a USB virtual serial port, what USB to serial adapter are you using? Do you have the proper driver installed for it?

Please don't post the same message twice. If you've made a mistake, like leaving out a subject, you can go back and edit it by using the pencil icon in the upper right hand corner of the message box.
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2008-11-16 18:19
    You should always use a descriptive title, you can add one by clicking on the pencil in your post. Also double posting is not a good practice as the moderators will delete one of the posts and if good information was left there it will be lost. (along with the fact that it is annoying)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen