Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ir detection with the bas2 boe and hwb — Parallax Forums

ir detection with the bas2 boe and hwb

BadgerBadger Posts: 184
edited 2008-11-12 20:09 in BASIC Stamp
Hello again

I have need of 2 ir detectors I have 2 matched set an ir emitter and a detector from radio shack. I was wondering if you can use these items (2 wire) to create your own ir detector using only software from a bs2 board. I have the bs2 px chip. If this can be down and someone knows of any really good documentation please show me the way. All documentation I have is shown for a 3 wire detector.

Thanks for Sharing your Hared Earned Knowledge

Badger

Comments

• JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2008-11-12 19:51
    Badger,

Do you·have a model number,·datasheet, or any relevant information about the receiver in regards to communication or pin connection?·The more information you provide us, the easier it is to help you or show you the way

You can attach the datasheet with the attachment manager but can not exceed 2048KB.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Joshua Donelson

www.parallax.com
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-11-12 20:09
    What you have is a very different detector than the one Parallax uses.· RadioShack does sell a detector that's similar in function to the Parallax detector for use in receiving signals from a remote control, but what you have is a simple phototransistor that detects the presence or absence of IR energy.· It responds to any source of IR energy including daylight and interior (mostly incandescent) lighting.· The detector that Parallax sells starts with an IR phototransistor, but includes an amplifier, filter (for 38KHz modulated IR energy), and threshold detector.

Parallax does sell a phototransistor which is used in some of the exercises in their tutorials.· Try the "Remote Control for the BoeBot" tutorial for some exercises and examples·using a phototransistor.