Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ir detection information (stupid question I think) — Parallax Forums

ir detection information (stupid question I think)

BadgerBadger Posts: 184
edited 2008-11-08 05:36 in BASIC Stamp
Hello

I am wondering if i hook my ir emitter and receiver up to my stamp and use freqin and freqout off the top of my head i think that is the syntax. Is it possible to do this by doing the calculations with the bs2xp chip with out using any ic encoder/decoder. If so is there a power issue for doing this with 2 ir detectors. I know there cheep just thought i would ask so i can do this my self sorta.

thanks in advance

Badger

Comments

• ZootZoot Posts: 2,227
    edited 2008-11-08 04:35
    Short answer -- yes.

See this pub which has some great code examples for using IR leds and IR detectors with a Stamp:

www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/books/edu/Roboticsv2_2.pdf

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- HST

1uffakind.com/robots/povBitMapBuilder.php
    1uffakind.com/robots/resistorLadder.php
  • BadgerBadger Posts: 184
    edited 2008-11-08 04:54
    Zoot

Thanks for that answer i like answers that are to the point of the question. Thanks for the link. I will be checking that out in a moment. I wish to build my own robot i have all that is needed but the know how and i am working on that. I have a sonar censer and a motion detector but i really need the object detection censers and well i just dont have or want to spend money for that at the moment . So you are helping me very much Thanks again

Badger
  • BadgerBadger Posts: 184
    edited 2008-11-08 05:03
    Zoot

I am looking over that documentation. i did not know this one existed it looks very good and to the point and that is what i need. I learn by doing and i need docs that teach that way. Thanks for pointing me there. If you know of any more reading like this and wish to take the time to post them to me please do. you can do it in pub or send them to me im or my email which is in the parallax profile

thanks again

Badger
  • $WMc%$WMc% Posts: 1,884
    edited 2008-11-08 05:36
    Badger

Thier are IR leds and thier are IR Transmitters,like wise thier are IR transister and thier are IR Receiver./Detectors.... Its the cross terminology,That will add to the confussion...An IR led will act like An LED, But an led transmitter will send in most cases, a 40Khz pulse out in IR...The same is true w/ IR Transister's and IR recievers/Detectors...The IR transister is biased w/ IR...While and IR detector/Receiver has buildt in cir. to look for a 40 Khz signal in IR...Before You comment to A certian IR setup,look through this forum...mostly line follow projects and the problems they have incounterd

____________________$WMc%________________Do You Have Some Asprin____