Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Please help — Parallax Forums

Please help

jrualjjrualj Posts: 4
edited 2008-11-10 16:40 in BASIC Stamp
every time i install basic·stamp editor got this window pop up ( i attache picture file)·I did it from parallax cd that i got with boe-bot kit· ,i even·· went to web site download file (editor 2.04 and 2.3-9) and get the· same error. i have windows xp.
so when i tried to open help files to run my boe-bot robot the files are not there at c:\programfiles\parallax.·I did run setup·according to the book, follow all the steps but when is time to program i can not find files, what am doing wrong, I want to learn microcontrollers so i start with parrallax. my boe- bot is allready assamble.
just in case you can not see file the error windows says
AT LEAST ONE OF THE FILE TYPES (bs1,bs2,bse,bsx,bpe,bpx) is not associated with BASIC SATAMP EDITOR. ASSOCIATE THIS FILES NOW? YES-NO- CANCEL

thank you guys. im sorry to bother you.
1024 x 768 - 49K

Comments

• UnsoundcodeUnsoundcode Posts: 1,532
    edited 2008-11-08 02:31
    Hi, this is not an error it is only asking you if you want to associate Parallax Stamp files with the IDE. If you click yes it should not appear next time around.

Jeff T.
  • jrualjjrualj Posts: 4
    edited 2008-11-08 07:43
    yes·I know, it wont come back(only if I remove program and installed again)·but where do I find the files to start learning to program my boe-bot,

I looked everywhere on c:\programfiles\ parallax.· but nothing. there is some files ther but nothing about boebot files.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-11-08 13:20
    You can always find the files (and many others) on the Parallax website. From the main Parallax page (www.parallax.com) click on the Resources tab. One of the resources listed is Downloads. Select that, then Stamps in Class Downloads. You'll see a list of tutorials and Robotics with the BoeBot is one of them. What's a Microcontroller is also useful. Download those and the archives of sample programs. From the Resources tab, you will also see Nuts and Volts Columns. This is also a good resource for programming examples for Stamps in general.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2008-11-10 16:40
    As a note, source code for the BOE-Bot is not available as it is used in Educational Curriculums. You can copy/paste it from the PDF verion of the book however. This is available from our website as a free download.

In the future please do not post duplicate messages...you have three threads on the same subject.· You could also use a descrptive subject.· Please Help doesn't tell·anyone what your problem is.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering