Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help coding thermocouples and humidity sensors — Parallax Forums

Help coding thermocouples and humidity sensors

TangoTango Posts: 4
edited 2008-11-08 02:20 in Learn with BlocklyProp
<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">I need help, I am a ME student and for my senior design project my group and I choose to do a thermo-controlled box. We have to hold the box with +/- .125 C. Sounds easy however do have no money to make it and we have to do it as cheep as possible. One of the TA advised us to us the Parallax BS2 controller to read and control temp. I am using the thermo couple kits that parallax offers and the humidity sensor. However, with and LCD display, two buttons, two thermocouples and humidity sensor I have ran out of memory, I cant program the humidity sensor and I need to try and take a running average for the thermo couples. I need help; I have to try to finish this by DEC.

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Please let me know if anyone is willing to help

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[noparse]:office:[/noparse]office" /><otongue.gif></otongue.gif>

Post Edited (Tango) : 11/7/2008 11:27:10 PM GMT

Comments

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2008-11-07 17:01
    Tango -

The best way to start off is by attaching a copy of what you have so far, so that some of us can inspect it and hopefully make some suggestions as to how to recover some memory. Use the attachment manger rather than putting you program in-line.

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    When all else fails, try inserting a new battery.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-11-07 17:32
    Consider renaming your thread to something more meaningful than "NEED HELP!!!". Click on the pencil icon in the right upper corner of your first message box.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2008-11-07 17:32
    The best way to start off getting help in these forums is to use a descriptive subject line. Please use the pencil icon to the top right of your messge to edit and change the description to something that reflects what your post is about.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2008-11-07 19:46
    Take a look at the BS2 PID thread. It's an excellent introduction to doing just the sort of thing that you want.
  • TangoTango Posts: 4
    edited 2008-11-08 02:20
    Thank you for your replies, i have attached the code that i have right now, however it is kind of messy and didn't have time to clean it up. It is just testing code that i have done that i have commented out.