Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SOS!!! — Parallax Forums

SOS!!!

bkrienke90bkrienke90 Posts: 1
edited 2008-11-06 16:29 in BASIC Stamp
Hello!
I am having to make an electric vehicle for a science project. I have been given a BASIC Stamp Homeowork Board, a Parallax continuous rotation motor and all of the wires and resistors i need. I just need a little jump start to figure out what direction I should head in. I figure that all I will need to do is have the wiring and a program that would direct a certain number of pulses to be sent to the motor so i can be·able to move certain distances. Anything would be helpful. Thanks!

Blake

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-11-05 22:35
    Read the "Robotics with the BoeBot" tutorial from Parallax. It talks about how servos work and how to use them as well as other robotics topics. Pick the "Resources" tab on the main Parallax webpage, then choose Downloads, then Stamps in Class Downloads and you'll see the tutorials.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2008-11-06 03:20
    If you don't have to make any turns, make a one-drive-motor tricycle platform that only drives in a straight line. No differential drive! To use a continuous rotation servo, you will need to add an encoder to count wheel revolutions. Per Mike, work through Parallax' Robotics book to learn about the Stamp and driving servos and check back once you have made some progress and have some pertinent questions. Don't wait, get busy now... it's actually quite fun.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·"If you build it, they will come."
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2008-11-06 16:29
    It would also help to get more replies if you edit your message using the pencil icon to the top right of the message and add a descriptive subject line.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering